This event offers food concessions, beer and wine gardens, activities for children and adults, music, and street dancing.
Although the festival still offers German food and beer, the festival has been modernized and no longer emphasizes Bavarian culture.
Cedar Creek and Belle Grove National Historical Park is located in and around Strasburg.
The town's Mayfest is traditionally held the third weekend in May and includes arts and craft vendors, a variety of food vendors, business and civic organizations, a parade, and an old-fashioned carnival complete with rides.To celebrate the area's German roots, an Oktoberfest takes place each autumn, the first Saturday in October.Some called the area Staufferstadt, the German name for Stoverstown.Ten trustees were named; William Miller, Matthew Harrison, Jacob Bowman, Valentine Smith, Charles Buck, Peter Stover, Isaac Hite, Leonard Batice, John Funk, and Philip Huffman (Hoffman).Strasburg High School's sports team mascot is called the "Rams".
Strasburg holds two festivals each year: Mayfest and Oktoberfest.Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.42% of the population.There were 1,773 households out of which 30.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 43.9% were married couples living together, 12.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.7% were non-families.So far murals have been placed by well known street artists Gilf! The historic post office in Strasburg contains a New Deal WPA mural titled Apple Orchard.Muralist Sarah Jane Blakeslee completed the work in 1938, having won a commission by the United States Treasury Section of Fine Arts.is a town in Shenandoah County, Virginia, United States, which was founded in 1761 by Peter Stover.