Kings Langley is a historic village and civil parish in Hertfordshire, England, 21 miles (34 km) northwest of central London to the south of the Chiltern Hills and now part of the London commuter belt.The village is divided between two local government districts by the River Gade with the larger western portion in the Borough of Dacorum and smaller part, to the east of the river, in Three Rivers District.Kings Langley School is the local comprehensive school, situated on Love Lane to the west of the village.
The village became twinned with Achiet-le-Grand in France in November 2009, in honour of Christopher Cox from the village who won a Victoria Cross in fighting near Achiet-le-Grand in the First World War.
The M25, the London orbital motorway, passes just south of the village on an imposing viaduct across the River Gade valley.
Kings Langley was the site of the factory making Ovaltine; the listed factory facade is now all that is left and still stands alongside the railway line among a new housing development.
The Ovaltine factory itself has been converted into a series of flats and duplexes.
It enables mobile users to choose who knows where they are and when, giving them full control of their desired privacy.
For discussion of history and genealogy of the New River Valley of North Carolina and Virginia you are welcomed to join the New River History and Genealogy Discussion Group.Click to join NRHG Welcome and we hope you join the discussions.After about two years of work we have completed a major upgrade to New River Notes.The Church of All Saints was built during the 14th century on the site of an earlier church.The body of King Richard II was buried here for a time after his probable murder at Pontefract Castle in 1400. The body of Edmund of Langley, died 1402, the fifth son of Edward III and the first Duke of York, still rests in the memorial chapel.It was once the location of Kings Langley Palace, a royal palace of the Plantagenet kings of England.